A Swedish dish – potatoes and a cream sauce with dill. Originally found in “Swedish Touches” by David Wright and Martha Wiberg Thompson, and recipe confirmed by a website in Swedish; I adjusted the flour and butter to equal parts.
- Potatoes – new or Yukon Gold
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup cream
- Dill, fresh or dried
- Boil new potatoes or Yukon Golds cut in half, set aside
- Make a roux with equal flour and butter, 1/4 cup each.
- Cook the roux for at least 1 minute to get out flour taste. Then add the cream and cook until thickened to a gravy consistency
- Add dill and incorporate, then pour over potatoes