Lengthy description under recipe
Makes 2 large pizzas
- 1 slightly heaping scoops of 1 1/2 cups of bread flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 3/4 cup very warm water
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Olive oil for bowl
- Mix flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add water, mix, then add oil.
- Knead for about 30 seconds then oil a large boil. Cover with paper towels
- Let rest for at least 10 minutes and preheat oven to at least 450 with a pizza stone (more info below recipe)
- Spray counter with non-stick spray or use flour, then roll out dough
- Cook until your liking
I have a post in the how-to section just about my adoration for pizza stones.
Pizza is used throughout the world including Flammkuchen and flatbreads.
Italy has created very strict rules on certain types of pizza, including Pizza Napoletana (Neapolitan), and you can check out the official rules here: https://www.pizzanapoletana.org/public/pdf/disciplinare%202008%20UK.pdf
Pizza variations are endless, and you could probably cook a different pizza for every week of your life by browsing all the variations throughout the world. My favorite ways to make pizza are:
BBQ Sauce: Brisket, mozzarella, onions
Horseradish Sauce: mozzarella, pastrami, pickles
Queso: chicken, ground beef or chorizo, tomatoes